Indie hit Dead Cells just got even bigger and better thanks to a new, free piece of DLC called ‘Rise of the Giant’.
Players who have beaten the main game can now gain access to a new area called the Cavern, an environment “filled with entirely new ways to die”. Cheery. You’ll come up against abominable new traps, perilous lava pools, plenty of violent new enemies who are all waiting to kill you, and even a new boss.
There’s also a new skinning system, which gives players more than 50 new character outfits to enjoy, and new loot will drop via the game’s new Premium Shop. We’ve got all the details you need down below.
The update brings:
● 10 new enemy types, many of which can be found in the higher difficulty modes of the game
● Three new skills have been included in the game which consist of a flying pet and a single use scroll that will reveal the current level map (ooOOOooOOoooOooo)
● 10 new weapons including the Giant Killer, the Boi Axe and the Thunder Shield
● The old Hunter Grenade door in the Prisoners’ Quarters has been replaced by a new Specialist shop where you can buy the Hunter’s Grenade, skins or a lovely new Map
● For the most advanced players, Rise of the Giant holds a new hidden level. An entirely new ending to your story will be revealed to those who can beat the —- out of the new boss waiting for you at the end…
The release comes alongside an announcement that the game has now surpassed two million sales worldwide. In celebration, you can now grab Dead Cells from the Nintendo eShop at 20% off for a limited time.
There’s never been a better time to jump into Dead Cells. Will you be firing it back up to take a look at the new content, or perhaps you’re just about to enjoy it for the first time? Either way, let us know if you’re excited for this in the comments.