We’re now in the fourth week for Fortnite Season 8, which means new challenges are cycling in. As always, you’ll need to do these to unlock those oh so precious Battle Stars, which will in turn level up your Battle Pass and make new cosmetics available so you can customize your character. Challenges are split into two categories, with a free set available to everyone playing and a second set exclusive to those that have spent V-Bucks to purchase a Battle Pass.
In the free section, players will need to complete two multi-stage challenges. The first begins by visiting Fatal Fields and Salty Springs in a single match, while the second starts by destroing 30 cacti in the desert. After that, players need to place different Trap Slot items in a match, twice.
In the premium Battle Pass section, the first challenge involves looking at the loading screen and finding where the magnifying glass sits on the treasure map featured in it. After that, players will need to search chests at Sunny Steps or Fatal Fields, deal 500 points of headshot damage to enemies, and get an elimination with an SMG, pistol, and sniper rifle.
Fortnite Season 8, Week 4 Challenges
- Stage 1 of 3: Visit Fatal Fields and Salty Springs in a single match (2) — 1 Battle Star
- Stage 1 of 3: Destroy Cacti in the Desert (30) — 1 Battle Stars
- Place different Trap Slot items in a single match (2) — 10 Battle Stars
- Search where the magnifying glass sits on the Treasure Map loading screen (1) — 5 Battle Stars
- Search chests at Sunny Steps or Fatal Fields (7) — 5 Battle Stars
- Deal headshot damage to opponents (500) — 10 Battle Stars
- Get an elimination with an SMG, Pistol, and a Sniper Rifle (3) — 10 Battle Stars
Developer Epic Games has released Fortnite patch 8.10, which introduces the new Baller vehicle. On top of that, it has given older skins a bit of a makeover. “We’ve seen you being vocal about wanting to see the face behind the masks of some of our helmeted outfits,” it said in a statement, “so we’ve done a pass on previous outfits.”
The skins that have been updated are Scarlet Defender, Elite Agent, Renegade Raider, Waypoint, Overtaker, and Whiteout. Epic has said it will be “working on more outfit styles and other broad stroke improvements” to Fortnite’s art in the future.
Throughout Season 8 of Fortnite, we’ll be creating guides for challenges on a weekly basis. You can stay on top of it all by using our full Season 8 challenges guide.