We’re a few weeks deep into Season 5 of Fortnite, and Epic continues to roll out more challenges for players to complete. If you manage to finish all of the challenges in a given week, you will also complete a corresponding Road Trip challenge–Season 5’s version of Blockbuster challenges. The reward for completing a Road Trip challenge is a special loading screen, which contains a subtle hint directing you to a free Battle Pass tier somewhere around the island.
If you complete two weeks’ sets of challenges, you’ll unlock the second of Season 5’s special loading screens. This one features a group of characters driving golf carts around Lazy Links, the new golf course area that replaced Anarchy Acres in Season 5. You can take a look at the loading screen below.
The clue on loading screen #2 is fairly easy to spot. If you look closely in the background, you’ll notice the faint silhouette of a Battle Star on top of Lazy Links’ clubhouse. Simply land on top of the building at the beginning of a match and you’ll be able to collect the Battle Star, ranking your Battle Pass up by one tier. You can see exactly how to get the Star in the video above.
As is the case with other free Battle Pass tiers, the Battle Star will only appear if you’ve completed its corresponding Road Trip challenge and unlocked the loading screen, meaning you won’t be able to take a shortcut by simply heading to the designated area and finding the Star. If you need help completing any of this season’s challenges thus far, you can find tips in our complete Season 5 challenges roundup.
Epic has divided Season 5’s challenges into two categories–Free and Battle Pass. The former are available to all players, while the latter are reserved for those who’ve purchased the Season 5 Battle Pass. Even if you purchase the pass down the line, however, you’ll retroactively unlock any rewards you may have already earned. You can read more about Fortnite Season 5 in the links below.
Fortnite Season 5 Coverage
- Fortnite Season 5 Is Live
- Fortnite Season 5 Patch Notes Include New Vehicle, Map Areas, Rifts
- Fortnite Season 5: All The Skins, Back Bling, Contrails, Gliders
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Every Reward
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, Free V-Bucks, And How It Works
- Fortnite Season 5 Update Adds Nintendo Switch Motion Controls
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass’s Big Chase: The Level 100 Ragnarok Skin
- Fortnite Season 5 Adds Autofire On Mobile; Here Are The iOS Patch Notes
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Where To Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Where To Find Risky Reels Treasure Map
- Fortnite Offering $8 Million In Big Esports Event
- Fortnite Playground Mode Is Live; Here’s What New And Different
- All Fortnite Birthday Cake Locations: Guide To Where To Dance For The Challenge
- New Fortnite Update Adds A Hilarious Tribute To The Map
- Fortnite Skins For Founder’s Pack: Here’s The Two Exclusive New Outfits
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Follow Treasure Map In Flush Factory, Shoot Clay Pigeons
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: All Clay Pigeons Locations (Season 5, Week 3)
- Get Free Fortnite Battle Pass Tier By Doing Secret Week 1 Road Trip Challenge
- Free Fortnite Battle Pass Tier Available By Completing Week 3 Road Trip Challenge