Taiwanese developer Glass Heart Games has revealed its debut title Vigil: The Longest Night. The game will be launching on other platforms in early 2020, with a Switch release planned for “later”.
Inspired by classics like Castlevania and modern hits like Salt and Sanctuary and Bloodborne, Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D side-scroller said to blend “intricate action” and horror. The game sees Leila, a member of the Vigil, returning to her hometown in search of a lost sister, but she soon gets lost within a world of terror as she discovers a source of evil which plagues the land.
Glass Heart Games promises “precise and technical combat as well as a rich and strong narrative”; you can see a tasty amount of that combat in the trailer above. Here’s a list of key features to tell you a little more:
– Experiment with 4 types of weapons — sword, heavy weapons, twin daggers, and bow — along with many mystical variations to be discovered.
– Use dozens of unique items to help, heal, and harm.
– Level up a complex skill tree to help you create the ultimate warrior of light.
– Battle variety of brutal enemies and the bizarre bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
– Unravel the multiple endings and uncover the secrets that lurk in the darkness.
– Become infected with the sinister mood evoked by dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
– Listen to the atmospheric music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular Finish band Whispered.
What do you think? One to keep an eye on going forward? Share your initial thoughts on the game with us in the comments below.